Tour guides are representatives of tourist destinations, messengers of public exchanges and media of cultural communication. If you wish to show your hometown to foreign visitors and want to present the beauty of China and the hospitality of the people to the world, or if you are a foreigner who loves Chinese culture and wants to introduce your experience to your friends and family, then you are “the spokesperson and tour guide of China” we are looking for!
Join the call for video contributions to “Tour China with Me”, where you may show China to the world with your skills, your passion and your love for the country’s majestic landscapes.
Do it, now!
Beijing Sunny Communications Ltd.
Just focus on tourist attractions in China (unique scenic sites or items with distinctive cultural characteristics, such as popular attractions, world heritages and intangible cultural heritages) and produce short videos in foreign languages that will be popular among foreign visitors and netizens.
- Video Requirements
1. English shall be the major language, French, Russian, Japanese and Korean also welcome.
2. A follow shot of people, items and places will be the most welcome form.
3. Videos using digital-simulation technology, including animation, VR and AR, are also welcome.
4. Videos shall last 3-5 minutes in the MOV or MP4 format with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, and the file size shall be above 300MB.
5. Videos shall include opening and closing credits and a list of main producers.
6. Videos shall be accompanied by a description of about 150 words.
Five themes are planned, namely “Tour Guide”, “Representation in Foreign Languages”, “Content and Theme”, “Video Creativity” and “Online Popularity”, from which 10 works will be shortlisted (1 from the professional group and 1 from the amateur group for each theme).
Shortlisted works will each be awarded RMB5,000 and a certificate, while participating organisations whose works are shortlisted will receive an “Outstanding Organisation” certificate.
- Entry Process
1. Submission: Individuals and organisations may submit their works via the H5 page(http://seasons.travelchina.org) of the Call for Contributions to “Best Season to Travel”. The panel will categorise and number all the works before judging and showing them.
2. Display: Works that have passed the preliminary selection will be displayed under the “Work Display” section of the H5 page of the Call for Contributions to “Best Season to Travel”. The panel will select about 10 to 15 works in the middle and at the end of each month.
3. Preliminary expert selection: The event will formally close and the submission channel will be shut on 15 October. The panel of experts from fields such as tourism, culture, tour guide, film and television and communication will carry out preliminary selection based on work conception, foreign-language proficiency, the standard of the guide and image quality.
4. Final expert selection: Final expert selection will take place offline between 26 and 31 October, and 10 works will be shortlisted. Where the selection criteria and requirements have not been met, the final prize(s) may be vacant.
5. Prize announcement: Shortlisted works will be announced on www.travelchina.org on around 1 November.
- Selection Criteria
1. Submissions shall be authentic and conform to the overall theme and conception of the event as well as the video requirements.
2. Submissions shall demonstrate a distinctive style and fall into the theme categories, namely, “Tour Guide”, “Representation in Foreign Languages”, “Content and Theme”, “Video Creativity” or “Online Popularity”.
3. The theme shall be foregrounded and the focus placed on the tourist destinations or attractions, such as the distinctive folk and historical cultures, to showcase “Beautiful China” and tell Chinese stories.
4. Submissions shall be in lively forms, such as inviting foreign friends to engage in Q&A sessions with the guide giving explanations, or local residents may be invited, which may be favourable for the evaluation of the video as it shows the key role the guide plays in cultural communication.
- Terms and Conditions
1. Submitters must have the absolute copyright of or the copyright authorisation for the submissions.
2. Submissions must be original creations, not infringing on any third-party copyright, portraiture rights, right of reputation, privacy, trademark rights and other legal rights. Consent must be obtained from the person(s) featured in the submissions and, where necessary, a statement must be provided.
3. Shortlisted works will be used at the official events of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the People’s Republic of China and on platforms and at events at home and abroad without further contribution fees.
4. Works that have not been shortlisted will not be returned. Submitters should keep their own copies.
5. The panel of “Best Seasons to Travel” reserves the final right to interpret the terms and conditions of the event.
6. By participating in the event, all submitters are regarded as consenting to the above-stated terms and conditions and will observe them accordingly.
Tel: (+86) 010 – 5820 4991 – 8063
(+86) 010 – 5820 4636
Scan QR code for submission and display
Website address: http://seasons.travelchina.org